The Department of Internal Medicine has 5 Senior Physicians as full time staff members and two part time Physicians. Units under the Department include:
- St Gonzaga -male ward with 28 beds
- St Anne- female ward with 19 beds
- High Dependency Unit with 2 beds housed in St Gonzaga ward
- OLF Private ward has a capacity of 18 beds inclusive of male and female patients
- Medical out patients
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Medicine
Specialized clinics include:
- General medicine
- Cardiology with ECG and ECHO services
- Diabetes mellitus/Endocrinology
Mother Kevin Postgraduate Medical School admits 5 Residents per year and these participate in all Departmental programs both academic and service f delivery.
In the next 3 months, new services will be added to the Department;
- ICU with 10 bed capacity and equipped with sate of the art equipment and competent staff
- Dialysis unit with 4 beds will handle patients with renal failure
The Department is well supported by the Laboratory and Radiology services for accurate and timely diagnosis of our patients.